AAA was founded over 115 years ago for the purpose of lobbying for driver and passenger rights, fair laws and safer vehicles — all to better promote the love of the open road and the adventure of driving. Since then, AAA has grown to over 60 million members strong while providing valuable membership services such as roadside assistance. Additionally, AAA has broadened its horizons to include all types of travel-related services, as well as offer a variety of insurance, automotive and financial products and services.
Today, approximately 25 percent of households in the United States have AAA Memberships and more than 28 percent of North American passenger vehicles belong to AAA Members. Each year, AAA:
- Dispatches roadside assistance to nearly 33 million motorists
- Maintains more than 1.6 million property and casualty insurance policies
- Operates as one of the largest leisure travel agencies in North America exploring ways to enhance its services and create personalized, unforgettable vacations
- Offers the AAA Vacations® collection of select itineraries from preferred partners to delivers exceptional member value and benefits that differentiate AAA Travel from other travel agencies
- Provides information on more than 59,000 AAA Approved and Diamond-rated lodgings and restaurants, nearly 13,000 AAA Approved attractions and 18,000 events
- Advocates for consumer rights and safety improvements at local, state and national levels
AAA continues to exist to serve its members and customers and is committed to providing safety, security, peace of mind and unparalleled service and savings.